Buffer is a social media posting tool with an extensive free tier that allows you to post content to Twitter, Facebook profiles and Pages), Instagram, LinkedIn and Google+. You can put together a posting schedule, and any time you post a new episode of your podcast, Podiant will add your episode to the next available slot in your Buffer schedule.
- From the dashboard of the podcast you want to integrate with, select the "Podcast" menu and then click "Integrations".
- Toggle the on/off switch next to "Buffer" to the "on" position (it's off by default).
- Login and authenticate with Buffer, clicking the "Allow access" button when you see it.
- Back in your Podiant dashboard, click the "Open preferences" button underneath "Buffer" and select the profile(s) you'd like to post to.
- Once you're done, click "Save settings".
- The next episode you post will be added to the schedules for each of the profiles you've selected.
Buffer preferences in more detail
Enable this service
- Check this box to ensure your podcast episodes are added to your Buffer queue.
Click the checkbox next to one or more of the profiles you'd like to post your episode to.
Specify a string of text that will be used to create the text of your post. The default is
[title] [hashtags] ,
title represents the episode title, and
hashtags represents any hashtags you've set in the following step. The URL of your episode is automatically added to your social media posts. If your episode has social media artwork, this will be included in your post for the networks that support it.
Enter a list of space-separated hashtags (for example:
#podcast #podernfamily #newepisode ).
Post straightaway (or as soon as the episode is published)
Checking this box means Podiant will bypass the schedules you have setup for each social network, and will automatically post your next episode.
Move this update to the front of the Buffer queue
Normally, Podiant will add your episode's post to the end of the queue for each social network. By checking this box, the post will be added at the front of the queue.
Episodes with a publish date in the future
If you set an episode's publish date to a future time, Podiant will wait until that publish time before adding a post to your Buffer queues.
Episodes posted before the integration was enabled
Episodes posted before the integration was enabled will not be added to the Buffer queue, even if you re-save the episode or change the audio file.
If you receive a notification that the Buffer integration encountered an error, check your Buffer account to ensure you haven't revoked Podiant's posting privileges, and that you haven't already posted an episode link to your Buffer profile (Buffer does not allow the same content to be posted twice, one after the other).
Checking Podiant is enabled within Buffer
While logged into Buffer:
- Click "My account" and select "Apps & extras"
- Make sure "Podiant" is listed under the section headed "Connected apps".
If you don't see Podiant listed here, you may have revoked access to the app, or you have perhaps connected Podiant to a different Buffer account.
To re-enable Buffer, from within your Podiant dashboard:
- Select the "Podcast" menu and then click "Integrations".
- If the "Buffer" switch is already in the "on" position, click it to toggle it to the "off" position, thus disabling the integration from Podiant's side.
- Toggle the "Buffer" switch to the "on" position, and re-authenticate with Buffer by clicking the "Allow access" button when you see it.
If you're still having difficulties, contact our support team and we'll take a look.
Errors enabling the integration
If you encounter an error enabling the integration, contact our support staff, giving as much detail as you can about the errors you're receiving or the unexpected behaviour that's occurring.