Podiant's Facebook integration (named Facebook Profile) allows you to automatically post new episodes of your podcast directly to your personal Facebook timeline.
If you'd like to post to a Facebook Page, please see our Buffer integration guide.
Enabling Facebook Profile
- From the dashboard of the podcast you want to integrate with, select the "Podcast" menu and then click "Integrations".
- Toggle the on/off switch next to "Facebook Profile" to the "on" position (it's off by default).
- Login and authenticate with Facebook, clicking the "OK" button when you see it.
- The next episode you publish will be automatically posted to your Facebook timeline, with a link and relevant artwork.
Facebook Profile preferences in more detail
To change settings for this integration, click the "Open preferences" button underneath the "Facebook Profile" heading.
Enable this service
- Check this box to ensure your podcast episodes are added to your Facebook timeline.
Episodes with a publish date in the future
If you set an episode's publish date to a future time, Podiant will wait until that publish time before adding a post to your Facebook timeline.
Episodes posted before the integration was enabled
Episodes posted before the integration was enabled will not be added to your Facebook timeline, even if you re-save the episode or change the audio file.
If you receive a notification that the Facebook integration encountered an error, check your Facebook account to ensure you haven't revoked Podiant's posting privileges.
Checking Podiant is enabled within Facebook
While logged into Facebook:
- Click the downward-pointing arrow in the right-hand side of the Facebook toolbar and select "Settings"
- From the left-hand menu, select "Apps"
- Click "Show all" (if you see it) to make sure all third-party apps are listed
- Scroll down until you see "Podiant" and click the app name or icon
- In the dialog box that pops up, ensure that the section headed "Post" has a white checkbox in a blue circle next to it.
If you don't see Podiant listed here or the Post section doesn't have a checkmark next to it, you may have revoked access to the app, or you have perhaps connected Podiant to a different Facebook account.
To re-enable Facebook, from within your Podiant dashboard:
- Select the "Podcast" menu and then click "Integrations".
- If the "Facebook Profile" switch is already in the "on" position, click it to toggle it to the "off" position, thus disabling the integration from Podiant's side.
- Toggle the "Facebook Profile" switch to the "on" position, and re-authenticate with Facebook by clicking the "OK" button when you see it.
If you're still having difficulties, contact our support team and we'll take a look.
Errors enabling the integration
If you encounter an error enabling the integration, contact our support staff, giving as much detail as you can about the errors you're receiving or the unexpected behaviour that's occurring.