Podiant's YouTube integration allows you to post new episodes of your podcast directly to the video sharing site, with no interaction needed. The episode's artwork is used for the video track, and your shownotes are added to the video's description along with a link to the original podcast episode.
- From the dashboard of the podcast you want to integrate with, select the "Podcast" menu and then click "Integrations".
- Toggle the on/off switch next to "YouTube" to the "on" position (it's off by default).
- Login and authenticate with Google, clicking the "Allow" button when you see it.
- The next episode you publish will be automatically posted to your YouTube channel.
YouTube preferences in more detail
To change settings for this integration, click the "Open preferences" button underneath the "YouTube" heading.
Enable this service
Check this box to ensure your podcast episodes are posted to your YouTube channel.
Select the YouTube category that best represents your podcast. New videos will be assigned this category when posted.
What happens when you publish an episode
When you upload and publish an episode - or schedule it for publishing later - the audio file is combined with your artwork and turned into a video file. That video is uploaded to YouTube. Depending on the length of the video, this may take 15 minutes, an hour, or a little longer. You should receive an email from YouTube once the video is live.
The conversion is a one-time process, so any changes you make to your episode within Podiant will not be reflected in your YouTube channel.
If you receive a notification that the YouTube integration encountered an error, or after a few hours you notice your video hasn't appeared on YouTube, check your Google account to ensure you haven't revoked Podiant's uploading privileges.
Checking Podiant is enabled within Google
- Visit Google, click your avatar in the top-right of the page and click "My account".
- From the "Sign-in & security" menu, select "Apps with account access".
- Click "Manage apps" in the "Apps with account access" section.
- Scrol down until you see "Podiant", then click the app name.
- Ensure the "Has access to" section lists YouTube and underneath, says "Manage your YouTube videos".
If you don't see Podiant or the text in step 5, you may have revoked access to the app, or you have perhaps connected Podiant to a different Google account.
If you do see Podiant listed, and you've been receiving errors, click the "Revoke access" button next to "Podiant", then click "OK" to confirm. Then follow the steps in the next section to re-authenticate.
To re-enable YouTube, from within your Podiant dashboard:
- Select the "Podcast" menu and then click "Integrations".
- If the "YouTube" switch is already in the "on" position, click it to toggle it to the "off" position, thus disabling the integration from Podiant's side.
- Toggle the "YouTube" switch to the "on" position, and re-authenticate with Google by clicking the Allow" button when you see it.
If you're still having difficulties, contact our support team and we'll take a look.
Errors enabling the integration
If you encounter an error enabling the integration, contact our support staff, giving as much detail as you can about the errors you're receiving or the unexpected behaviour that's occurring.